The Advantages of LED as Marine Lighting
Traditional marine lighting fixtures mainly include: incandescent lamps, fluorescent lamps, high-pressure mercury lamps and high-pressure sodium lamps. They mainly use electronic light field radiation to emit light. For ballasts or starters, spare parts of lamps and lanterns shall be provided when the ship sails for replacement at any time. The above-mentioned shortcomings of traditional lamps have more or less affected their application in ship lighting.
The emergence of LED light source lamps has created a green ship lighting environment for us. Compared with traditional ship lighting sources, LED has the following advantages:
(1) Stable performance and long working life: it adopts semiconductor chip to emit light, no filament, no glass bubble, not busy vibration, and not easy to break. It can work normally in the environment of -30~+50℃, with high reliability, and the service life can reach more than 20,000 hours, which is several times longer than that of traditional light sources. The LED lamp is almost maintenance-free, and there is no need to frequently replace the lamp and ballast. Device, starter. This advantage is quite advantageous for ships going to sea and voyages.
(2) Strong earthquake resistance: Ships sailing on the sea for a long time, put forward higher requirements on the earthquake resistance and corrosion resistance of marine lighting equipment. The LED is completely encapsulated in epoxy resin. Because epoxy resin is anti-vibration, there is no loose part in the lamp body. These characteristics make the LED lamp difficult to damage.
(3) High efficiency and energy saving: DC drive, ultra-low power consumption, high photoelectric conversion efficiency, 200W LED lighting module can get the brightness effect of 1000W traditional short arc hernia lamp, and the energy saving effect is obvious.
(4) Quick start: the ideal brightness can be reached at the moment of start, no warm-up time is required.
(5) Green and environmental protection: It does not contain harmful elements such as mercury and xenon, which is conducive to recycling, and will not produce electromagnetic interference. No radiation and low glare. Therefore, people refer to LED light sources as "green" light sources.
(6) High safety factor: The required voltage and current are small, the heat generation is small, and the safety hazard is small. It is easier to install and maintain the lamps. In addition to the cabin lighting, it is also suitable for outdoor lighting on decks, docks, docks and squares.